Sunday, July 19, 2009

A great day in Paradise!

Hi there! Today was a WONDERFUL day that I spent "drowning" my kids in Lake Houston. (lol) We went with our friends out there and rode jet skis, went tubing, rode in the boat and had a great time! Donna took some fabulous pictures! My camera is not waterproof, and I did not buy one to take, so I am relying on her to share her photos!!
When we got home, the kids were all pooped, so they bathed and went to bed. I decided to get a little scrappy. I did this for a contest on the GCD studios blog... "Bold and Simple". I used the Cosette colection for this...it is a black and white collection, with BOLD solids on the flipside! This is a great stretch for me, but I am pleased with how this came out!


All I did was use a razor knife and cut an asterisk in the center of my paper, fold each flap back and tack it in place with a brad. I then layered that zebra paper onto the yellow paper and the photo of my little boys with the binoculars on top of that. I used paper to cut the arrows, and the title was done with thickers. I thought the "WILD" look of the zebra paper was perfect for this photo! My boys kept telling me that they were going on a safari...I needed to pack their lunch!


1 comment:

GCD Studios said...

This is a very cool idea :) Thanks for playing :)
~H