Monday, January 30, 2012

The King of my {heart}

Yes...I scrapped a layout of my Hubby!!!

I was so inspired by the sketch and color palette from The Color Room that I could not wait to scrap this photo of Joe!  It is over 6 years old...
so I think it was about time! LOL
He was Best Man in his friend's wedding, and I thought he looked 
SO Handsome!
Only problem, there was some OTHER chick by his side! 
AGH!!! I never scrapped it because of that.
This sketch, though...was PERFECT!
And the palette was equally perfect!!!
I cropped that photo and chopped that chick right on out!  
(I didn't even know her name...so I don't feel bad about it at all!)  

Here is the sketch/palette from TCR:

and here is what I conjured up:


And a couple of close ups of the details:
There is a lot of fussy cutting and piecing together in this.
Oh...and the little red heart bead was just perfect to add! 


I finished it last night and all the kids loved it.  
They couldn't believe their Dad was ever this good looking!
LOL!  Brats!!!!  

I showed it to Joe and he just smiled.  
That's all.  Just a smile.
But I think it was a smile of approval. :)

Thanks for stopping by and visiting me today!
Have a FANTABULOUS Week!!!!

supplies used:
papers: My Minds Eye and Websters Pages 
ribbon: Really Reasonable Ribbon
flowers: Prima & Petaloo
embellies: MME and Prima
mists: Tattered Angels
alphas: Bella Blvd & Pink Paislee

4 comments:

Michelle H. said...

Pretty LO!!
Congrats on the D-Lite team!!
Sorry I'm late I tried becoming a follower late one night last week and I had problems with the follower not working!
I'm going back now trying to figure out who I need to try again.
Look forward to creating with you!!

Bonnie Garby said...

This layout is gorgeous Misty!! Great job!

Michelle said...

You are too funny!!! The page is gorgeous! I love the fussy cutting and clustering of goodies. Glad you found some scrappy time. :)

Karen Shady said...

your LO is beautiful.. I had to giggle about you 'chopping that chic right out' he he ... I found your blog through Michelles, and now plan to be a regular, love you work :) Im a new follower. I am a Mummy to 5 kids also :0 have a great week

Karen