Monday, October 8, 2012

Happy Fall Y'all!

And so it begins!
The weather here in Texas is FINALLY starting to feel a bit like Fall!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the autumn season...the colors, the smells, the crisp cool weather, and the holidays that come along with the season are also up there in my favorites!

Oh, and did I mention that the activities in the fall are some of my favorites, too?  Baking pies, pumpkin carving, oh and DEFINITELY playing in the leaves!!!!
Here is a layout that I did using the Copper Kettle Collection:


I used random bits of different QQ papers to punch out my oak leaves.  I used Summer Samba and Tin Type bits coated with Crystal Stickles and sprinkled them over my layout to look like they are blowing in the wind. I used an older QQ velum Quote that has been updated.

 I used the laser cut Whimsical Tree  and painted it with brown acrylic paint mixed with a crackle medium.  As it dried, I sprinkled a bit of glitter on it to help achieve the coppery look. I inked the edges of the tree and the page with Mocha Mama powder puff ink and then set to applying my leaves.   I also trimmed off some of the branches that hung off the side of my layout and repositioned them to the bottom corner. Don't be scared to cut your die cuts, vellums, or any other embellishment to fit your own needs!  Make it YOURS!

Don't forget to pull out your camera and snap some pictures of those fall leaves and activities.  Then, head on over to the Quick Quotes store and shop for the PERFECT papers and embellishments! 

Have a Happy Monday, and Happy Fall Y'all!!!

Supplies:
Ranger stickles, glitter, AC thickers,  
metal embellishment from Momenta








No comments: