Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Blog Hopping!

Welcome to the Really Reasonable Ribbon/Hampton Art Blog Hop!  

If you came to my blog from Dana's   beautiful blog, then you are on the right track!  If not, you might consider starting over at the beginning of the hop at the Hampton Art Blog and hopping on through to the end.  There are PRIZES involved!  So you will want to leave a comment on all the blogs in the hop!  Yes, we know there are several blogs, so you will have a full week to complete the hop.  How COOL is that!!!???  

This hop holds a special place in my heart, because my very own step Mom had breast cancer 2 years ago and she is now a survivor.  It is not something that I would want anyone to have to endure...ever. It definitely taught me to say I LOVE YOU to certain people more often.  I tell my kids every single day, and always have...but Mom...Dad...?  Not so much.  I now make it a point to tell them often.

I chose to do a layout about my step Mom...and the HOPE that she never lost.  I used the Hampton Art Artsy Edges signature collection stamps to create the border in this layout, and I also added in several different ribbons and trims from Really Reasonable Ribbon for the layered look.   I also used the Pink Ribbon stamp and hung it from the "e" in hope.  It added the perfect finishing touch to this layout. 


Here is a close up of the stamps and the ribbons together.  You can see the seam binding, the lace, and the twine, along with the artsy edge stamps stamped in pink and the pink ribbon stamp.  


I chose to journal directly onto the layout, which is something that I normally DO NOT do.  I usually do hidden journaling or printed journaling, never handwritten directly on the layout.  In this instance, however, I felt that the truest form of love can be shown in my own handwriting. So I did. And I actually like it.  
I do HOPE that someday there is a cure for Breast Cancer.  
I also HOPE that it is sooner rather than later.

Your next stop in the Hop is at the lovely Blog of Britt.  
I HOPE this has inspired you, and don't forget to leave a comment at ALL the blogs! 
Have a wonderful week! Thanks for stopping by and visiting today!

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing this lovely, personal layout with us, Misty. I really like the delicate twining of embellishments and the open composition.

Unknown said...

This page is beautiful! I love the inking around the edge! Very pretty. :)

Jess said...

very beautiful and touching!

Adora Concepcion said...

gorgeous layout Misty!!! and a great tribute to your step mom.

Gloria Stengel said...

What a nice show of love for your step mom. This is beautiful and very inspiring. I lost both my dad and my father-in-law to cancer, so hearing a cancer success story touches my heart.

silvia said...

Beautiful and touching page. Thanks for sharing!!

Hugs!!
Silvia

Penny Walker said...

Beautiful page. Thanks so much for sharing.

Dawnll said...

How wonderful you shared this with us,not a better way to show someone how much you care. As a step-mom this really touched my heart and I am sure your step mom loves it also.
Thanks for sharing with us.

Jackie - aka funhockeymom25 said...

very touching! thanks for sharing this beautiful layout!

Julie Odil said...

I can feel the love in this layout. Beautiful.

Crafty Aunt Dee said...

Thank you for sharing a wonderful tribute to your step-mom and your journaling was wonderful. this is a beautiful layout.

JUDI said...

Thank you for sharing this Beautiful page with us. It shows how much you Love and Care for your step MOM.
With Love Judi

Snoopy said...

Such a beautiful tribute! May you have many many more victorious years together.

Hugs,
Snoopy :D

TLC DESIGNS, LLC said...

I'm loving this hop and project showcases ladies! Thanks for the opp!
Hugs
Tammy Louise

iamsuzkew said...

Not your usual example of a page - I LOVE IT!! Thank you for sharing your story, too.

Sandy (Cheesy) said...

I am sure that your step mom will be very touched by your layout. It is very special.

Bonnie Garby said...

This is a beautiful layout Misty. I love the way you used the border stamps and the ribbon together.

Pendra said...

Misty your layout is a very beautiful tribute to your step Mom and her battle and win with this horrible disease! I just lost my Mom to breast cancer and I can only hope to do a layout as meaningful! Thanks for sharing in the "Hope"!!
Crafty Hugs,
Pendra

JPScraps said...

Beautiful tribute layout!

S.C.Gardner said...

I love your layout and journaling...:)

Dana said...

Wow!!! Gorgeous layout!! I love how you used the ribbon!!

Jan Garber said...

How sweet to have such a terrific relationship with your step mom!So great to hear of all these survivors! Your layout is perfectly gorgeous.

ehbost said...

Truly lovely LO. The dangling Breast Cancer Ribbon was a perfect touch. I agree that your handwriting made the piece much more personal.

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

What a beautiful page!!!

chaussures nike air max skyline said...


Hello! Do you know if they make any plugins to safeguard against hackers? I’m kinda paranoid about losing everything I’ve worked hard on. Any recommendations?Hi there, I found your blog via Google while searching for a related topic, your web site came up, it looks great. I’ve bookmarked it in my bookmarks.