Saturday, January 22, 2011

Cool Kid :)

I got to work on a layout last night for a little bit.  NOT LONG...since I have like....oh....FIVE kids!  It was for Liz Qualman's Sketch on the Little Yellow Bicycle Blog.  It is a great sketch...and it was so fun to work with!  I used LYB Generation Z for the majority of it...and I tossed in a tad bit of "Lucky Me" and "Boardwalk" for good measure.  :)  Here is Liz's original sketch...

I loved that it had space for 3 photos!  I thought about using 3 different photos from my son's birthday party, but then I came across this photograph of Dayne...shades pulled down..him looking "Cool".  I could not resist using this one!~  I think I got exactly the impact I wanted by using it 3 times on the page...makes me think of Sylvester Stallone....or Robert Dinero.... "You talkin' ta me?"  LOL





I used my new handy dandy I-top to create a few brads for the layout using the Boardwalk collection, and I even used a bit of Tattered Angels Mists...which I RARELY do.  LOL.  I just thought the splatters were the perfect finishing touch to this BOY page.  Since boys are all about splatters and splats!  LOL

I think I really like the end result...spatters, splats and all! Thanks for looking...have a FANTABULOUS weekend!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

LOVE it!!! Yes, it does remind you of Sly Stallone!!! This turned out awesome (as always!) I love how you punch out your strips for your accordion flowers. It is such a nice touch. And, yes, splatters are perfect here!!! I need to remember that one for Ben's pages!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE those photos and loveeeeeeeeee the banner! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Mara Campbell said...

what a fun photo!! I love the banner and that fun flower. Great page!

Sophia said...

Great take on the sketch love your LO...

LisiB said...

This is a very cool layout! Wonderful