Monday, November 16, 2009

Today, I am Thankful for.....

Jenn over at SD4U has inspired me to start this blog series. From now through Thanksgiving, I will post a daily spot about what I am thankful for and why. Too often, we got through our daily lives taking so much for granted. This is the season for thankfulness and remembering what is most important in our lives, and it is HE who is to thank and be grateful to.

So...today, I am thankful for forgiveness. The last 2 years have been very hard for me raising my nephew...and I had very bad hateful feeling towards my sister for her lack of interest in her own child. Long story short, I hated her. I hated her for what she did...I hated her for what she was doing, and I most especially hated her for what she was NOT doing.

I do not condone my children hating anyone or expressing the word "HATE" in regards to any person...because quite honestly, it is a very strong word that carries deep feeling and meaning. I did not like feeling that inside myself. Through much prayer and guidance, I was able to bury the feeling just to be able to deal with her on a civil level...but it never really went away. Two years down the road...she is finally becoming a mother again and taking care of and interest in her own children. I am able to be AUNT again, rather than Mom to her children.

Today, I was able to talk to my sister and plan a Thanksgiving meal and menu, and laugh, and enjoy the conversation. Today, I realized that I had finally forgiven her. Today, I am thankful to the Lord for the power of forgiveness.

No comments: