Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sharing My Mind's Eye....

It just occurred to me that I never shared my projects that I created during my Guest Spot at My Mind's Eye last month with you all!  Well, I will share a little bit this week...starting with a layout with Skye and her two BFF's...

This layout was created using my "Word of the Month" prompt from Amber.  She told me to pick a word that best described my month and make a layout about it.  So...my word/title of my layout is FRIEND.
It breaks my heart that these 3 girls have known each other since birth, been friends and looked forward to being in school together, but will not be able to be int he same school any longer.  Our district re-zoned, and Skye will be going to a different school.  SOOOOO, I have spent the majority of the summer nourishing this friendship so that these 3 stay friends regardless of the distance during the school year.
Oh...and do you like my flowers????  I crocheted each and every one of them using the FANTASTIC bakers twine from the Lime Twist collection! That twine is AWESOME and super durable!  LOVE it! Brads from the Lost and Found collection served as perfect flower centers!!The lace on the inside border of the circle is Penolope natural crochet lace from Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I used a couple of quotes handwritten along the outer edges of the circle.  Oh...I was asked recently where I find all of my quotes at...because I use a LOT of quotes on my layouts.  (It's true...I LOVE quotes!)  I find most of them at Quote Garden.  It is my favorite "One stop shop" for the perfect quote! LOL

OH!!! ...Aubrie's birthday is Wednesday as well as the RRR Blog hop.  Make sure you come over and join us for that! I made a GORGEOUS "Bow of the Month"...just sayin' (wink wink).
Have a fantabulous day!  




2 comments:

Angi Barrs said...

Gorgeous. Love the paper and those flowers. :)

Kemma said...

how beautiful!!
-kemma