Saturday, July 16, 2011

ALl American Boys...


When Amber Packer from My Minds Eye asked me to
 Guest for them, I was super thrilled.  
I was over the moon actually!  When she sent my assignments over, 
one of them included creating a 2 page layout based on a 1 page sketch,
 and including instructions on how to do so. 
If you click this link, it will take you to the MME Newsletter 
and my instructions on how to create THIS layout:
  

This is "American Made" using the American Made collection! 
I had been holding on to these photos of my son and my nephew for about a year now... and finally I had the PERFECT paper to showcase them.  
I hand doodled the barbed wire, I used a cookie cutter to create the chicken wire look, and I used a boat load of black and brown inks to help to give these paper the distressed look. 
Sometimes a layout just falls in place...and that is what this one did for me.  
I have had this formulating in my head for a long time now! LOL
I love the pure country look to the over all layout, and the "Country Boy" vibe that it sends off! When these 2 boys get together...it is almost a remake of 
"Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn"!


I haven't done too many 2 page layouts lately, but I have to say...I think I will start doing them again!  I love the way this turned out.  

Thank you for stopping by today!  
Have a fantabulous weekend!



1 comment:

Linda Beeson said...

What a sweet layout with some really great photos.