Monday, August 2, 2010

AUGUST ALREADY!!!!!!!

Although August marks the middle of the year, it also marks the Beginning for a lot of things. August is the beginning of school for some, it could be the beginning of a life for a new baby, the beginning of a marriage...there are all sorts of things that August marks the beginning of.
This month, your challenge at Simply Obsessed is to create a layout in recognition of a Beginning. I want the word BEGIN in your title, or some form of the word...(begins, beginning, began...etc.)

I chose to document the beginning of my insanity. Yes...You heard me right...I am now officially going insane. This layout is of my oldest son...with his girlfriend. AAAHHHHH! How is that even possible!!??? Just "yesterday" he was playing with Tonka trucks...today he is playing with a girl!!!

LOL...so there you have it...the beginning of his first "relationship" which marks the beginning of my insanity!



*************************************************************************************

AUGUST also marked the beginning of my Guest Design term at Back Porch Memories!!! I am so excited!!! I have the AMAZING August kit in my hot little hands, and the layouts are practically designing themselves!
I am honored to be able to present a challenge to the BPM board this month...and my challenge revolves around journaling. I am soooooo not ajournaler. At all. I will do hidden journaling, but to ask me to do it VISIBLY ...no no no...can't do it. Well, I did. I journalled. I journalled a LOT actually....here is the layout that I did...



Here is the journalng.....

You were wet....I mean WET from playing in the water,
and I needed to run up to the corner store.
You asked, "Mommy, can I go with you to the store?"
I said, "No, Dayne...you are soaking wet, son."
You thought about it a second and asked...
"What does "Soaking" mean?"
I smiled and told you that it means VERY~VERY wet.
Extremely wet...just as wet as you can get.
You were satisfied with the answer and you let me go to the store alone that day.

Fast Forward to today...
You had splashed and played and romped in the ocean
ALL DAY LONG.
It was about 11:30 and not quite time for lunch,
but to you, lunch time was LONG past.
You came over to me and collapsed on the beach towel that I
Was sitting on and asked me, "Mom...when is lunch?"
I said, "I will get it out in just a few minutes. Go play
for a little while longer." You moaned and rolled
holding your stomach...and you said....
"But I am SOAKIN' HUNGRY!"


Thank you for taking a peek at my layouts! Have a fabulous Day!!!!

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love love love these Misty!!!!! And CONGRATS on the GDT!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the journaling! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Michelle said...

Oh these are just wonderful!!! Yes, girlfriends/boyfriends to make you insane!! LOL But the LO is GORGEOUS!!! I love the one about Dayne being "soakin hungry". What a cute story commemorated. It will be fun to go back and read that one years from now!!! Your kids are so funny!! Where in the world did they get that from??? ;)

Chanray said...

I love your pages, i love your pix. Actually i love everything on your blog.