Friday, July 18, 2014

"Lady Liberty" for May Arts

 Hi there, Y'all!  Hope you are all having a wonderful summer.  Me and my kiddos have been super busy!  Of course I am working....but I am also a Mom...so I get to fit mall trips, movie night,  lake outings, back yard B-B-Qs, picnics, beach trips and much more into my summer!  I would have had these photos loaded much sooner, except my model was gone to church camp!  lol.

I made it to round TWO for the May Arts Ribbonista Search! YAY ME!!!!
 I decided to use the GORGEOUS star ribbon that is in the May Arts store and turn my little munchkin into Lady Liberty for the 4th of July Holiday.  Here she is...with her bow, hand bag and a simple matching tank top:


I used a lot of this SUPER COOL star ribbon to create the American flag look. 


Skye loved her ensemble...and she thought I should show you all how to do the
 super simple handbag that I made.
Yep...That one right there:


For this project, You will need:

Canvas bag (I got mine at Hobby Lobby)
Red and white star ribbons from May Arts
Solid blue 1 1/2 inch grosgrain
fabric glue
a lighter to seal your ribbon ends
and scissors


Since your canvas bag may be a different size than mine...
I will not use ribbon lengths...it honestly not that important in this project anyway.
I got my ribbons ready and started laying them out on the bag to gauge how many stars I would need for the flag. 
 For my bag, I needed 3 rows of 5 and 4 rows of nine, alternating red and white.  I cut them and heat sealed the ends with a lighter.
I did cut 3 lengths of the solid blue grosgrain into 3 inch strips...then heat sealed the ends. 
I then used my fabric glue and glued everything down.


I went through my stash and found a few metal stars to use 
to represent the colonies.  I hot glued those in place and VIOALA!!!
It is not an exact replica, but I think it turned out great! 



Here is Little Lady Liberty, all dressed and ready to Party! 


Hope your Holiday was FANTASTIC!

Wish me and Lady Liberty Luck making the May Arts ribbonista team! 
Have a wonderful weekend!!

4 comments:

Linda Pekrul said...

Super cute project! Best of luck!

Judy said...

Adorable project. I love the new stars ribbons, makes it easy to come up with a lot of fun ideas. Thanks for sharing yours with us.

Anonymous said...

I do not know if it's just me or if perhaps everyone else encountering problems with your
site. It appears as though some of the written text in your posts are running off the
screen. Can somebody else please comment and let me know if this is happening to them as well?
This could be a issue with my internet browser because I've had this happen previously.
Thank you

Check out my blog post; discounted engagement rings

Brazil said...

O que é um processo de vendas complexo?
Um procedimento complexo de vendas é um roteiro que opera para criar consistência e uniformidade em seus complexos relacionamentos de vendas. Ter um plano de etapa -passo para participar com os clientes de capacidade e a última renda é essencial para uma excelente abordagem de renda, minimizando a conjunção e os resultados inconsistentes. Comprar Seguidores Twitter