Monday, December 13, 2010

He got a 100!!!!

Well, this past weekend was spent helping one of my kiddos with a project. Chance had to make an applesauce cake for English class. It was the final project/test grade for the novel that they are reading in GT English...and his assignment was to bake the cake, taking 5 or more photos...one being a photo of him with the final product. He then had to create a scrapbook album displaying the photos and telling each step, include special techniques if there were any, tell where I helped at...(I PROMISE....I only cracked the eggs so as not to get shell all in the batter!!!) He has to include the recipe that he used, any sources and any other important information.

NOW...just FYI...he had FOUR other options in which to base a project on.
He could have done a poster board.
He could have done a homemade puzzle.
He could have done a clay model of the cat in the story.
He could have even done an alternate ending to the story.
Which one did he choose?????? The cake baking/scrapbooking project!
I would say that kid of mine is one smart cookie! LOL...He KNEW that he would have Mom's help with that one! LOL. Little sneak!

Anyway...Since he baked the cake yesterday, he asked his teacher if he could bring it to class to share. He called me DURING HIS CLASS to ask if I would bring the cake...of course, I did. =)
So, he shared this cake with 34 kids and his teacher. WOW!!! that is a lot of cake! LOL. every of the kids asked for another piece...and even others were licking their plates from the glaze! In the end...they all agreed that the cake was SOOOOOO good, that Chance deserved a 100! LOL. Here is a photo of him with the final product....before sharing!

I had NEVER even heard of an applesauce cake BEFORE this project...but I tell you one thing for sure....we will make it again! It was flippin' DELICIOUS!!!
He did get a 100 on that portion of the project. He was so happy! He decided that he is going to make another one this weekend for our family Christmas Gathering! =)
I am so proud of him!

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooo! That is AWESOME!!! Good for him! And I loveeeeeeeeee applesauce cake! YUM! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Dana Tatar said...

That cake looks so delicious! Congrats to Chance! Like mother, like son. =)

Michelle said...

Did you save me some??? LOL It looks really yummy!!! Way to go, Chance!!!