Sunday, August 25, 2013

NOT A NERD!

...He just loves to Read! :)
For this  Back to School layout, 
I used the Imaginisce line "Geek is Chic" from last year...Which I still LOVE!
 The title:
"Not a Nerd...just love to Read" 
may be a long one, but sums these pictures up perfectly.

In 3rd grade, Dayne, at the age of 9 got awarded with his name on a plaque to hang in the school library to boast his accomplishments
 of getting the most AR points in the 
WHOLE ENTIRE SCHOOL. 
I was sooooo proud of him! 

In 4th grade...GUESS WHAT??
He got that award AGAIN!  
TWO YEARS IN A ROW he read the most 
and got the most AR points in the school.
His name is now on that plaque TWICE.
His Assistant principal was so proud of him...but she told 
the rest of the 4th grade that they better give him some competition
 in 5th grade! LOL  Dayne grinned and said NAAAH! 

 **The actual photos came off of my phone so the quality is not that great. **
I used ribbon and jute along with strips of the patterned papers to create a layered look...and 3 D red paint to make a faux stitched border around the edges. 
I also wrote a few of my favorite quotes about reading around the inside borders. 
  I based my layout on this sketch by Diana Fisher:
I LOVE how it turned out!

It was about time I scrapped these pictures!  Thanks for the inspiration, Imaginisce!

Products used:
Imaginisce "Geek is Chic"
I-Rock
AC Thickers

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I think it is so great that Dayne achieved that two years in a row!! Way to go!! Your page is so fun!!! I love it. I think that was one of my favorite Imaginisce lines I received.

On the reading front, if they had something like that for the summer this summer for Brit, she would win hands down. That girl has read more books this summer. I am always taking her to the library to pick up a reserved book. She is reading probably 2-3 books a week. She is just finishing up the first in the Twilight series and has another on hold she wants her Dad to pick up while we are gone this week.

Marcia Dehn-Nix said...

Love the layout Misty! The title is amazing. Love how the journaling extends from the pencil die cut. Kudos to Dayne for winning that award 2 years in a row! So glad you joined us in our latest challenge at Imaginisce.

Diana Fisher said...

Love the journaling around the edge and what a great school layout! I love your title, too. :) Thanks for joining over at Imaginisce this month.

Aimee Kidd said...

Love it Misty! Great interpretation of the sketch! I love the journaling around the outside shape too! Congrats on your little man receiving such an honored award twice!!

Thanks for joining us this month at Imaginisce!

Monique Liedtke said...

What a awesome page! LOVE how you translated the sketch with the shaped background paper! and how fantastic your son is doing so well in school! Congrats!
Thanks for joining in Imaginisce's sketch this month!

Angi Barrs said...

Super fun page! Love the title!